2018 Thus Far

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

IMG-2304
Cheaha Mountain, Delta, Alabama | iPhone 7+

Tomorrow is March 1st.

It seems too soon. It has gone by too quickly. Yet this is where we are. This is the passage of time. Often bittersweet, often feeling too fleeting, but sometimes, sometimes, oh it drags...

I wrote a little on Facebook about my absence, and then I decided to write here as well. So here I am. Writing.

I've put a lot of time and effort into getting over things. Into healing, in many ways. Into listening to myself, relearning about myself, and becoming okay with myself. In two months' time, I feel like I've done remarkably well. But during that time were lots of writings I will probably never share, and do not need to be shared, and I just didn't feel like sharing anything about any of it here. But I'm feeling drawn back, wanting to share photos, the adventures Marion and I have, and other pieces of my life, perhaps.

I've said it before here, but I feel more like myself than I have in 15 years. I meant it last time, too. I keep feeling like I'm regaining little pieces that were lost and broken, and I keep feeling like this is it, and then another piece, and a little more me I feel.

I was going to set some goals for March, but there are some things going on and some transitions to make, and I think I'm going to just ride it out like I have January and February, because not having goals has actually been pretty amazing and I haven't felt that I haven't done as much as a result. Instead, it's been more freeing. But I think I'm reaching a point I would like to start adding goals back in. Just not in March. I am hoping I can spend a little more time here, but it could prove difficult.

I have continued to update Instagram, and will continue. My main account is @christendobbs, and I am hoping to change the name soon, because I don't like it being my name, but everything that feels right is either taken or so long. I also have another account that's more focused on managing my bipolar and how the healing process is going, and you can find that here @cedarwoodandaventurine. I almost didn't use that name because it was so long, but I love it anyways and it fits, so maybe I'll suck it up and have a long one for my main account as well. I'd love to have you there, Instagram is my favourite platform and I love interacting there.

Goodbye, February. You've been fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment